Trainee Sales Consultants – Insurance
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
What is the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a team of consultants who will handle all our new business enquiries, providing quotations for our customers insurance needs. Based in our Northampton office, you will be part of a phone-based team, working across both inbound telephone calls derived from our active marketing campaigns and outbound calls to customers who have requested contact via e-commerce sites or email. You will understand the clients needs and present solutions based on the information that the customer provides, with a view to arranging their insurance for the coming year on a range of products. Whilst you may have worked in Sales before, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
Who are we?
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of leisure insurance products for caravans, boats, holiday homes, park homes and lodges. Last year, we were recognised by the insurance industry and announced as winners of two prestigious awards in one night, the ‘2022 Personal Lines Broker of the Year Award’ and the ‘2022 Customer Care Award’, which we are extremely proud of. This year we received the 2023 Feefo Platinum Trusted Customer Service Award in recognition of the excellent service we provide to our clients, we take pride that our clients will receive an exceptional service every time they contact us and have the confidence they are in safe hands.
Overall purpose of this role
You’ll join a team of experienced Insurance Consultants who advise and sell on a range of Insurance within this ‘niche’ leisure sector by providing friendly, informative advice from a range of providers. With good opportunity for progression within the Sales function.
- Good standard of general education, qualifications to include English & Maths GCSE
THE WORK EXPERIENCE YOU’LL NEED
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have a background in Customer Service who are interested in building a career within Insurance Sales. We are also keen to meet less experienced, but confident individuals who may be starting out on their career path and can demonstrate a passion for learning, self-development and for delivering exceptional levels of customer service.
- Confidence to learn and develop through continuous classroom and on-job training.
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible and proactive approach
- The ability to work within a friendly team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills.
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty, and quality of work.
- Customer focussed and an empathetic nature.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Target focussed.
- Base Salary of £21,000 – £23,000
- Unlimited monthly bonus scheme with an OTE increase by approx. £6,000.
- 25 Days Holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) rising to 30 days based on service.
- An additional day off for your birthday too!
- Career and professional development.
- Our contracts are offered on a full-time permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week across the opening hours of our business:
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm (Saturday’s you will be required to work 1 Saturday in 4).
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: