Sales Consultants – Insurance
HOURS: 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK
What is the role?
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a team of consultants who will handle all our new business enquiries, providing quotations for our customers insurance needs. Based in our Northampton office, you will be part of a phone-based team, working across both inbound telephone calls, derived from our active marketing campaigns and outbound calls to customers who have requested contact via e-commerce sites or email. You will understand the clients needs and present solutions based on the information that the customer provides, with a view to arranging their insurance for the coming year on a range of products. Whilst you may have worked in insurance before, it is certainly not essential, as we will offer you full training and support.
Who are we?
Assist Insurance Services is one of the UK’s leading providers of leisure insurance products for caravans, boats, holiday homes, park homes and lodges. Last year, we were recognised by the insurance industry and announced as winners of two prestigious awards in one night, the ‘2022 Personal Lines Broker of the Year Award’ and the ‘2022 Customer Care Award’, which we are extremely proud of. This year we received the 2023 Feefo Platinum Trusted Customer Service Award in recognition of the excellent service we provide to our clients, we take pride that our clients will receive an exceptional service every time they contact us and have the confidence they are in safe hands.
You will be confident, positive and have an outgoing personality. You will have ideally worked in a sales environment or have had some experience of selling. You will be provided full training on our products and systems, so whilst previous insurance experience would be beneficial, it is not a requirement, and we welcome applicants from all industries and backgrounds.
You will need to demonstrate a willingness to learn, and an enthusiastic and out-going personality is essential. This is a targeted sales role, so a willingness to work hard is essential as well. Many of our clients may well be elderly or vulnerable, so patience and empathy is a must.
- Confidence to learn and develop through continuous classroom and on-job training.
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible and proactive approach
- The ability to work within a friendly team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Good numeracy and literacy along with good keyboard skills.
- The highest standard of integrity, honesty, and quality of work.
- Customer focussed and an empathetic nature.
- A ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Target focussed.
- Base Salary of £22,000-£27,000 (Dependent on experience) rising to £30,000 based on experience.
- Unlimited monthly bonus scheme with an OTE increase by approx. £6,000.
- 25 Days Holiday (Plus Bank Holidays) rising to 30 days based on service.
- An additional day off for your birthday too!
- Career and professional development.
- Our contracts are offered on a full-time permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week across the opening hours of our business:
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5.30pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm (Saturday’s you will be required to work 1 Saturday in 4).
Find out more about us and what we do by visiting our websites: